Friday 6 April 2012

Happy birthday, Ma! :)

Dear Mum,

First off, I hope you realize I woke up a little early to write this. Now that you've appreciated it, a VERY BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!


I know, I already told you in person, but let this be a little surprise to you!

You remember the day when I lost my skates and lied to you about it? Thank you for correcting me then. That day I realized how bad it feels when you lie to your people and hurt them.

The best memory I had with you was walking down the road in Bangalore (from the creche back home). If you remember, the street was filled with purple flowers. I remember the line you loved to say - "God put down a purple carpet for us!" I cannot even begin to think how many values you taught me during our conversations.

When you stayed up late along with me for my Chemistry exam (you were dozing off though, minus points) - I understood how important sparing time for others was. When you talked about your fears and problems and listened to mine, I knew you were one of my best friends.

Thank you for being my shopping buddy and attending all my music classes. The best part about singing in movies was the way you eagerly waited for my movies to release. The best thing you did was introducing me to positive thinking and optimism, and the little experiments we did with it. I will always be grateful to you for listening to my whining and absolutely believing in me, more than I did. On the lighter note, thank you for liking practically EVERYTHING I did on Facebook!

If I could go on, I'd have to dedicate my entire blog to you. But I'm signing off now!

Of all the love letters written, this one better be the best. Can't wait for you to see this!

Love,
Chaitra

P.S.: While typing this, I was trying to hide the laptop from you so you wouldn't be able to see this post.

6 comments:

  1. liked it !:-) I wish a very happy birhday to ur mom..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Ty! I will let her know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. chaitra,

    What a beautiful expression ! Though you wrote it for your ma, every mother who reads it finds it very touching !

    aunty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful article :). Mothers usually have a huge role in shaping the conscience of a child at an early age(talking from experience) Your mom seems to have done a commendable job. Wish her an advanced happy birthday now that her birthday is about 1 month 20 days later :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sahil!! I will tell her! :D :)

    ReplyDelete